Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Plot to Save My Life

The way I see it, today, is that I have three options:
Rotting in this cubicle is not one of them.
(You can tell this job sucks as 2 posts now have been in outline format).

1. Take a few months in Hawaii to figure out what my next move is.


Pros:
a. It's freakin' Hawaii.
b. I get to delay important decisions until later.
c. I have a free place to stay, with people who will be constructive
and beneficial to me at this time of my life.

Cons:
a. I will not be making much money, and I just bought a car that needs some
payment attention.
b. I sunburn easily.
c. This might not help me feel any more fulfilled or excited about tackling
life in the real world.

2. Take a few months to volunteer in a part of the world I have never been to (i.e. there is a great opportunity in India to work with women who have left prostitution behind to pursue a safer livelihood).


Pros:
a. By helping people, I take the focus off of me.
b. I get to delay important decisions until later- they may also seem
less important by the time I have to make them.
c. I think I could benefit from being in a totally different
environment. (So like last summer in Morocco, take II. With no boy
to email every day and run home to.
d. I really want to go to India.

Cons:
a. Expensive.
b. By helping people, I take the focus off of me. I am not willing to
accept that I am such a loving person I can't take care of my own ideas
and goals and feelings and future.

3. Find a more suitable job here in Portland, get my own place, deal with it.



Pros:
a. I face reality.
b. I am responsible.
c. I get to pay off my car.
d. I get to live alone.

Cons:
a. I face reality.
b. I am responsible.
c. I get to pay off my car.
d. I get to live alone.



(Photo Credits: All images from Flickr- users Kaldon, EB Sylvester, Meredith Farmer)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you! I think you can uncover a lot about yourself by simply taking yourself away from your current life.

    But, C has the most balance and I would move it to the top of the list more importantly. You do you. You are doing a great job, and I really like you, plus I would miss you a lot.

    ReplyDelete