Thursday, November 20, 2008

Something to Sleep On

If Little Roomie and I EVER hear back from this rental management guy, I am going to a) freak out with joy
b) need a new room

I have to admit, that few things terrify me as much as decorating a whole room. It is an overwhelming task to me, and it's seriously something I need to get over. As much as I thought about being an Interior Designer as a kid, and as much as I l.o.v.e. home decor mags, stores, paint swatches etc. it all gives me the heebie jeebies.
So I found these to help me out. I want a bedroom like this:
In stark contrast to what my spaces actually look like, I don't like a lot IN them, furniture wise. My room will be carpeted, so it won't have this super clean and fresh look like the floors in this room, but I like the abundance of white, and light.
Again, I might be drawn to the wood floors, but the pillows are extravagant, which is a must for me. I love the prominently placed books, the dramatic curtains, and again, the light.
Must have a white bed, and I'm scheming to do something not quite as dramatic with framed pictures, but inspired by this.
Chandelier. Adore. White and light? Yes. I envy the splash of color in here- making that kind of decision makes me sweat. I choose white dishes at IKEA, the most simple glass and silverware, and leave walls white so I don't have to make a decision. Yikes. (This bed needs a napper in it. Don't worry- I'll get right on that).
I mean, doesn't everyone want a tree growing out of their floor and through their roof? Permanent tree house!
I could die in this room. I could also wake up in it every day and be perfectly pleased, probably mainly in part to those pink peonies! I won't be having a dramatic headboard like that, but I like a lot of the small touches in this room.

I would credit the photos but I can't remember where I got them. Oops. Any ideas from you??

3 comments:

  1. These are all delicious. I love you my dear!

    "I could die in this room!" You are such a romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choices - can't wait to see your new place!

    I would be glad to snuggle up in any one of those beds for a good movie, chat, or read with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My offer of bedding still stands...hahaha. I can't wait to see what you pick out...in 9 days! AHHHH! :)

    ReplyDelete